Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Media Consumption Log Week 1

6:00-6:10 went on facebook/checked email
6:15-6:30 while I was taking a shower I noticed my Pantene bottles and thought about how fake those Pantene or should I say hair product commercials were. There is no way that someone can make their hair that shiny and that silky with just shampoo and conditioner without going to a professional.
6:30-6:40 changed into my ISST Softball t-shirt
6:45-6:50 looked at the calender on my phone to see important dates
7:15-7:50 went on bus and listened to fast upbeat music (trance/psytrance music). This is usually how I start my day...
7:15-7:30 children were getting on my bus with their AIS shirts
I noticed that the bus driver was listening to the radio a lot. He switched from a station with a morning show in Hebrew to a rock n' roll station that had songs in English. At the same time the radio was on, he was also talking to other people on loudspeaker on the phone.
7:20-7:30 Bus is in the Industrial Zone in Herzliya. There are so many advertisements in this area for different shops and restaurants. I noticed a big one on the side of an old building for Jansport (the backpack company)
7:40-7:45 arriving towards the school. Of course I saw the big IKEA and Tiv Taam sign as well as the Cats Inn billboard (which I noticed has changed).
7:45 Right near the school there is a big photo of Gilad and he's looking right at you...
8:30-8:40 go on email and facebook
9:55-11:20 go on certain sites for research as well as my email and see ads from Google on the side.
11:20-12 Listen to music...since it was art class I usually have a certain taste in music I can't explain..."creative thinking music"
During 12 until the end of school I didn't really notice a lot of media...I was using my laptop to take notes for most of the time but I stayed in the same room for a while so not a lot changed.
3:15 Going towards IKEA there's a big SPRITE ad. Before they used to have a Pepsi ad and it said "MAX IT TO THE MAX". I remember my father telling me "wow even I could make that up..They pay these guys thousands of dollars and that's all they can come up with?".
3:15-3:45 Listening to music. It was slightly softer more "acoustic" music that didn't really have words just very relaxing beats.
4-4:30 Listen to music
4:45-6 Doing work on laptop as well as downloading albums and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment